Patients in the 37129 area of Rutherford County, TN now have a way to get the dental alignment that they need without the awkward appearance of metal braces. With Invisalign, Dr. Thompson and Dr. Starbody can offer patients of all ages a very unique, time tested, and highly effective form of dental correction that will put your teeth back into proper alignment comfortably, and in some cases, with even less time needed than traditional braces.
How Invisalign Works:
- After a consultation and exam, Dr. Thompson or Dr. Starbody will be able to determine if Invisalign will be right for the patient. Invisalign isn’t the best option in every case, but it can be very effective for a wide range of alignment concerns.
- After the examination, impressions and imaging will be taken of the teeth and their current alignment. Once the impressions are digitized, Invisalign treatment can begin through a series of clear dental aligners, that are virtually invisible once placed onto the teeth. There are no metal brackets or wires with Invisalign.
- The clear aligners are switched out to new ones after every 2 weeks. With each new aligner, the alignment of the teeth is improved, along with proper spacing and comfort.
The entire process, from start to finish, is pain free and much more comfortable than you will find with traditional wire braces and brackets.
- Invisalign braces can be removed by the patient, unlike metal braces. You can take Invisalign out before eating, brushing your teeth, social events, playing a musical instrument and many more. One of the best things about Invisalign is that it will not interfere with your lifestyle.
- Invisalign braces are easier to clean. Traditional braces can quickly become traps for sticky foods, which will then need to be cleaned from in between wires and brackets. If not properly cleaned, it can lead to infection or bad breath, or both. With Invisalign, you can simply remove the retainer and clean it, and your teeth, as you normally would.
- Invisalign is nearly invisible, as the name suggests. These are clear aligners which are placed over the teeth, making them perfect for both teens and professional adults who need to properly align their teeth without worrying about how wires and brackets look.
Invisalign is one of the world’s most recommended ways to align teeth, and Dr. Thompson and Dr. Starbody can provide it for the people of Murfreesboro, Tennessee with expertise and care. After our initial consultation with you as a patient, we can get you started on the Invisalign program, including a guide on how to care for your retainer, what to do if you need to clean it, and a timetable of how long your treatment will approximately take.
As always, Dr. Thompson and Dr. Starbody also provides the very best in follow up care and consultation for families as well. If you or someone in your family needs braces, but are worried about how traditional braces will impact their social life, then Invisalign may be the top solution for you. Contact our offices to learn more about Invisalign, and schedule an appointment for an examination today.